This school year, Mr. Chapman, the new College and Career Counselor at Nazareth Prep, introduced students to a resource called RaiseMe, which is a platform that helps high school students prepare for college by earning scholarships for their achievements in high school. Over 250 colleges and universities have partnered with RaiseMe, and award micro-scholarships for both academics and extracurricular activities, such as Carnegie Mellon University, Clarion University and Washington and Jefferson College. What academics and extracurricular activities can students earn scholarships for do you ask?! Below are the 5 ways RaiseMe awards micro-scholarships.
- Academic performance - Maintain a good GPA
- Course rigor - Take a college course through the Dual Enrollment Program
- Extracurricular activities - Participate in a team sport
- Exams - Earn an A on an exam
- College engagement -Take a college tour, Nazareth Prep offers several throughout the school year
According to Time Money, overall, RaiseMe says the average student earns $22,500 in scholarships. You can check out the website HERE to learn more. So, Nazareth Prep parents and guardians, make sure your student signs up and starts earning scholarships today! If you have any questions you can contact Mr. Chapman at firstname.lastname@example.org.